Sunday, October 30, 2005

Hope


Please help me in welcoming scrappyboy from New York! Here's a short collage bio on him.

I have been a collagist for about 25 years or more. I am 43 years old and back in the day a serious punk rocker which actually started my whole collage world. Some of my favorite subjects are old hollywood, punk, new wave, gothic, art deco, art nouveau, the art & crafts movement, vintage childrens books, ephemera of all kinds and vintage photos of all kinds. I have one collagist i admire and that's a close friend, david king, (check out davidkingcollage.com) and of course Ray Johnson. I really don't have a particular style although i think the collage as a whole should be a combo of the original image and what has been pasted together and should tell some kind of story. I have always been inspired by the songs of The Cure, Marc Almond, Siouxsie and the Banshees, to name a few. I look forward to submitting lots of work that i hope is worthy of this great group.

3 comments:

Wastedpapiers said...

Welcome scrappyboy. A fine piece of work. I look forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

COOL, cant wait to see what else you have in store.

Scrapatorium said...

Really great collage! I like the tinting on the faces. It reminds of an album cover from the 1980's.