Sunday, January 15, 2006

Clothes Horse


Cate, who lives in Kentucky, always leaves wonderful comments on Scrapiteria. Please welcome her!

My whole life I have loved to draw after watching my Dad doodle for me, but I've never had any art training unless you count "elementary school art" which I took in training to be a teacher. I'm retired now and helping to babysit grandchildren, but also free enough to get started doing some art for the fun of it.

I happened on Michael's site by chance, and loved his collages. From there I found the Scrapiteria site, and I've been an avid fan ever since. I can now almost always recognize who the artists are by their "style" before I scroll down to see their name.

I decided to give collage a try when my granddaughter (5)was visiting, but hers got finished and mine didn't. I found out I'm much slower than she is. So I finished it up later, and had so much fun doing it, I know it won't be my last.

8 comments:

Scrapatorium said...

Wonderful collage!! Welcome and hope to see more!

scrappyboy said...

love the seahorse/mermaid thing goin on in this collage. beautiful!, and welcome!!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. Very clever.

onehuman said...

Hey Cate!
I think it's so cool you made a collage.
I hope you plan to make some more.

Anonymous said...

You've mermaid a great start, Cate, and welcome to the fun!!

Punwit

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Cate is truly talented and has an eye for composition and whimsy.

Nan said...

Thanks to all for the really nice comments. I've been enjoying this site for such a long time. I wasn't sure I could do a collage, but I felt like, although it was fun to comment, it would be even more fun to participate...and it is!

P.S. Love the play on words, Punwit.

Wastedpapiers said...

I'm late as always but glad that cate can join us. Her encouraging comments are always welcome and she can rustle up a nifty collage too!