Thursday, February 05, 2009

New Member - Adriana Muller

Let us welcome our newest member, Adriana Muller, also known as Crafty Dogma, to Scrapiteria!

Anatomie of Beauty

I’ve been making collage for about 6 years and before that I dabbled in decoupage, which taught me the fine and torturous art of cutting out tiny bits of paper with very small scissors. My influences are extremely varied and include the collages and photomontages of John Heartfield, the work of Raoul Hausmann, Joseph Cornell, J.T. Baargeld, and, of course, Max Ernst (with my favourite being Un Semaine de Bonté) and Hannah Höch. I have also been blown away by the thoughtful and humorous work of my flickr friends such as Swapatorium2, Vivienne Strauss, Kollage Kid, Epona Art, Venus Oak and many others. I have an interest in science and find it very hard to keep the dominant left side of my brain out of the creative process. I tend to make collages very fast and on the spur of the moment, often populating my compositions with vintage medical and geometric imagery. Working to a particular Scrapiteria theme is going to be a very interesting challenge for me.

9 comments:

onehuman said...

Hello and Welcome Adriana,
Beautiful collage!

What Would Jesus Glue? said...

Welcome Adriana!

Punwit said...

G'Day Adriana! Can't wait to see more of your artwork.

vivienne strauss said...

Yeah!! This is the best news I've heard all day :) I've enjoyed Adriana's work since I "discovered" her on Flickr! So glad to have you here, I need to buckle down RIGHT NOW and work on some new pieces.

Crafty Dogma said...

Thanks everyone for this lovely welcome! G'Day! G'day! Thanks Vivienne. You're awfully fantastic! I'm VERY excited to join. So much so that in all this excitement I have already made a collage to the new theme of the week. I am totally new to blogging so it may take me longer to upload the image than it took me to make the collage and certainly longer than it will take you to guess which movie title it's based on. Thanks so much for the invite Swapatorium2!

Scrapatorium said...

Happy to have you here, Adriana! Can't wait to see more of your work. If you need help with anything, you just let me know.

Wastedpapiers said...

Late as always but a hearty welcome ofcourse to Adriana who's work is fantastic as Ive seen loads of it on Flickr already.

scrappyboy said...

Hello there and welcome to the best blog on the net!!!

Crafty Dogma said...

Thanks again for the great welcome!