Friday, June 17, 2011

Quatermass & The Pit


I was racking by brains trying to think of a scary moment in my otherwise pleasant childhood and I realised the only scary things were on TV ( nothings changed!). A programme that I remember giving me chills was the third Quatermass serial " Quatermass & The Pit" from around 1958 when I would have been 11, so a bit older than the boy in the collage. My parents let me stay up late to see it even though I watched most of it behind the sofa!

You can watch it all on YouTube HERE if you are brave enough! Ha ha!

10 comments:

Scrapatorium said...

Fantastic!! I absolutely love the interior you created!

Jo Murray said...

Nice story and terrific collage.

onehuman said...

I'll have to check'em out. Great collage A1!

Unknown said...

Every detail is fantastic!and great yellow kitchen atmosphere !

John Medd said...

It'd make a cracking album cover (or, even better, the middle of the gatefold sleeve).

Crafty Dogma said...

A most excellent collage! And you look a LOT younger than you say you are.

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks all.

vivienne strauss said...

beautiful work! I totally relate to scary tv, I would watch the Twilight Zone by myself and be terrified for hours.

paperworker said...

Wonderful, W. I used to make my brother watch Twilight Zone, he claims it scarred him for life.

Tim Flanagan said...

Very good. love all the little details.