Sunday, January 01, 2006

Contradiction


Please welcome Lisa Eisenbrey from Austin, Texas!

I come to visual from a background in writing. Between the writing and the switch to visual art, the following events occurred: I moved to New York and became a graduate school dropout, I spent a lot of time in the NY art museums, I moved back home to Austin and got a job in an office where people say things like "let's get together on a white board" and "take this as an action item," I rolled down a hill in New Zealand while strapped inside a giant inflatable golf ball and my cat fell on my head. Any of these could have something to do with the change in media. Or not. Storytelling remains the driving force of my work. I supply some of the elements -a scene, a character, a bit of text - but now I leave the plot up to the viewer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Lisa! A fine way to start the New Year, hanging out with the likes of us; look forward to seeing more of your art!
Punwit

Scrapatorium said...

Thanks for participating Lisa!

onehuman said...

Hello Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Nan said...

An interesting use of curved lines, Lisa.

Arty said...

Welcome Lisa

I laughed at your intro. Words like "Lets write it up on the Flip Chart" filled me with dread too

"Job Appraisal Review"

eek

scrappyboy said...

Hey Lisa,can't wait to see your stuff! Welcome !