Sunday, July 03, 2005

Scrap



Here's the first collage for the new blog which seems appropriate enough. This may start a theme of book or literature related collages this week? I will have to see what my fellow scrappers think.
I've been making these amended book covers for a while now after finding a great volume of old victorian book cover art for a pound at a local market stall. The chap who runs it usually charges quite bit for his "antique" books and magazines but sometimes he has a clear-out and sells some for a nominal ammount. I don't feel so bad about cutting them up then!

I wonder if you can guess the original title of the book and it's author?

4 comments:

Scrapatorium said...

The first post looks fantastic! I like the book theme and will contribute shortly. I'll have to put my thinking cap on for the title of this book....

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks Angelica - it's a bit like jumping in at the deep end when starting a new blog isn't it!
I though the book theme would be a good starting point as I know all three of us love books and use books for inspiration and for source material etc. I look forward to your contribution.

Arty said...

Ha ha -I must have been asleep-I didnt know we were live yet!

I'll have to get cutting and pasting very soon!

Scrapatorium said...

Sorry Arty! I thought I sent you an email? Oh well, no rush. Just have fun.