Friday, March 24, 2006

Leg Show


I usually start a collage by flipping through my books and magazines until one image hits me. That image was a 1930's illustration of dancing ladies wearing underwear. I then found a stage scene. Stages are a recurring theme with me. I have a great fear of speaking in front of large crowds, so the thought of being onstage with a million eyes looking at me is a terrifying thought. With these two images, I then knew that the dancing ladies would end up doing some sort of act. I proceeded to pull other images that I thought would work, including a new maroon velvet paper I just purchased at my local art store.


It took me about 10 minutes to get to this point, but nothing is glued.


I thought the girls would be a bit more exciting if they had an extra set of legs, like a carnival sideshow act. The total working time was about an hour and a half.

6 comments:

scrappyboy said...

hey a,
what a lovely piece of work. your work space looks alot like mine.hee hee.....

Punwit said...

Sheesh, another clear work table! I'd guess the supplies were stacked on the floor, but mine are there too, and still the desk overflows with stuff. I like this one a lot, A!!

Scrapatorium said...

Thanks guys! Punwit, I will take a photo of all the madness of my collage desk if I do another one of these themes. No stacks or mess, but tons of sorting bins, bookcases, etc to keep it all in order. ;-)

Big Al Davies said...

Great to see your workspace again too Scrappy. I have recently moved house and I am hoping to have an attic workspace once I get a table up there.

This is a great collage too, can't say how much I enjoy your work, I'll really try to enter a collage this week.

Arty said...

Fantastic-admire how organised you are too. Love these dancing gals-and those legs-well -you know...

onehuman said...

the color is great
so is the collage.