Monday, December 10, 2007

Please Welcome New Member Lisa Bebi


I'm a full time fine artist - mixed media and painting. I live in San Diego county, (southern) California. I received my fine art degree from San Diego State University in 1977. At that time and to this day, I have a very sharp interest and influence by the pop artists and 20th century American Contemporary Art. I was most deeply influenced by the Ashcan school, where I find beauty in common sometimes banal realities. These are mostly reflected in my paintings.

This influence comes into play with my collages in that I will use materials and images that in popular terms seem to bear no great artist meaning; but by my choice of juxtaposition, I hope to create an interesting meaning through relationships. For example, to me, a succulent aloe vera plant and the letter "y" have a lot in common.

9 comments:

Craig said...

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Artists With Artitude said...

Love that piece. Welcome !

Wastedpapiers said...

Good to see a new face on the blog. Look forward to seeing more of your collages.

onehuman said...

Hello &Welcome!!..

What Would Jesus Glue? said...

Welcome aboard!

eccepuer said...

I like your work already. Glad you've come aboard.

Barbara Levine said...

welcome to this awesomely witty and productive group (honestly, I can barely keep up with how talented and funny everyone is!)

Lisa Bebi said...

thank you for the warm welcome.....
lisa bebi

Fast Eyes said...

Welcome Lisa. Love the collage - made me think of home (L.A.). We had a century plant in our front yard.